Wednesday, February 22, 2012

So I Haven't Blogged for a Couple of Days . . .

I've discovered a new hobby - pinning things to my boards on Pinterest.com. It is addicting - as Washington Post columnist Petula Dvorak says, it's like digital crack for women. Pinterest is also good for us "popcorn-brain" people because you can jump from picture to picture - oooh, shiny! I have spent ALL AFTERNOON pinning to my board.

Today marks the beginning of Lent. I attended the 7 AM service at my church. (Then I had to wait for the dishwasher repair man at home. To his credit, he did not say, "Ma'am, you've got something on your forehead.")  For my Lenten discipline, I have decided to quit smoking. I got up this morning and put on a patch, but it still agonizing. I have done this before, so I hope I can do it again. (I also told my boyfriend he needs to quit too, so neither of us are smoking!)

I tried to kind-of fast today. I ate breakfast, but did not have anything else until some cheese just now. I just can't give up cigarettes and food on the same day; that's just cruel and unusual!

No comments:

Post a Comment